Gas Golf Carts or Electric Golf Carts - Its Your Choice With New Wave Vacation Rentals
Electric Carts are a great choice being that they are completely silent and do not emit anything into the air. Back up cameras and blue tooth speakers come standard with our brand new electric models. It is best to plug them in each night during your stay. You can travel approximately 40 miles on a full charge.
Gas Carts offer the power and excitement you expect and do need to be returned with a full tank of gas. These are also brand new carts in 2022 that come with blue tooth speakers.
New Wave offers FREE delivery to most of our rental home customers for multi day rentals. We will have your cart ready and waiting in the driveway of your New Wave Rental house. When you checkout, you can leave the cart right where you found it.
CITY OF PORT ARANSAS GOLF CART RULES
Welcome to Port Aransas we hope that you enjoy your stay with us. We are one of the few cities in Texas that allows the operation of golf carts on city streets. The ordinance that authorizes golf cart operation includes a number of provisions to ensure the safety of the golf cart operator and the motoring public that share the roadways. It is your duty to know and obey the law before you operate a golf cart on city streets. These laws are strictly enforced by the Port Aransas Police Department.
GOLF CART RULES
1. Lessee must be a minimum of 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license and insurance coverage. The driver and every occupant of a golf cart must remain seated in a seat designed to hold passengers, while the golf cart is in motion. No person may ride in the lap of the driver or any other occupant.
2. Operator(s) of the golf cart must be at least 16 years of age and have in their possession a valid unrestricted driver’s license. Golf cart privileges are forfeited if underage driver(s) is caught driving the cart.
3. Pedestrians, pedal karts, and bikes always have the right of way. Golf carts must also move to the right and yield the right-of-way to faster moving vehicles.
4. Lessee is responsible for all actions of all passengers and persons operating the cart with their express or implied permission.
5. Under no circumstances may the operator be under the influence of any intoxicating substance (i.e. drugs, alcohol, etc.). Doing so will result in revocation of the person’s renting and operating privileges for the rest of their visit.
6. Golf carts operated after sunset must have their lights turned on.
7. Golf carts must be operated properly. All City and State laws apply while operating the golf cart. This includes driving on the beach which is considered a public street. Golf carts may not be operated upon any public sidewalk, pedestrian walkway, playground, a public park, school ground, or other public recreational areas, not designated for motor vehicle traffic.
8. Do not drive golf carts on Highway 361, nor on any sidewalk next to Hwy 361. Carts are allowed in town and on the beach but not south of the intersection of Avenue G. There are only 5 legal perpendicular crossings on Hwy 361. Golf carts may only be operated upon a public street or highway with a speed limit of not more than thirty-five (35) MPH unless otherwise restricted. A golf cart may cross a street or highway with a speed limit of more than thirty-five (35) MPH if said crossing occurs at an intersection and said crossing is perpendicular to the street or highway with a posted speed limit of more than thirty-five (35) MPH.
9. Do not drive golf carts in the water. If golf cart shows signs of being driven in the water the Lessee agrees to pay for all damages.
10. Do not drive golf carts recklessly or under the influence of any substance
11. Golf carts must be returned at the designated time set forth in the contract. Late returned carts will be charged an additional day’s rental rate.
12. Please report any malfunction to management immediately.
13. Violating the following rules will be cause for immediate loss of cart privileges, payments and deposits.
14. Lessee is responsible for any tickets received while renting golf cart.